Thomas Davis House

438 W. Main Street
This two-story brick house was built about 1848 for Dr.
Thomas Davis, a prominent physician in Montgomery
County. It was the first house lot subdivided from the
Fountain Inn tract (now the Trappe Tavern). Later owners
include Dr. Charles Dickensheid and Mrs. Philip Bechtel. The
exterior of the house remains in nearly original condition
and is a fine example of mid-1800s architecture. Private