St. Luke’s Church

St. Luke Reformed Church, c. 1875. Founded in 1742, the St. Luke German Reformed congregation (now United Church of Christ) initially worshipped in a log church located across the street in what is now the cemetery. A stone building replaced it on the same site in 1835. The present church, located at 200 W. Main Street, was erected in 1874 under the leadership of Rev. John H. A. Bomberger, founder of Ursinus College and a Reformed Church minister. This photograph was taken soon after its construction. In 1902 the iron fence was replaced by a stone wall and the building was completely renovated two years later. (Courtesy of the Ursinus College Archives.)
St. Luke Reformed Church, c. 1875. Founded in 1742, the St. Luke German Reformed congregation (now United Church of Christ) initially worshipped in a log church located across the street in what is now the cemetery. A stone building replaced it on the same site in 1835. The present church, located at 200 W. Main Street, was erected in 1874 under the leadership of Rev. John H. A. Bomberger, founder of Ursinus College and a Reformed Church minister. This photograph was taken soon after its construction. In 1902 the iron fence was replaced by a stone wall and the building was completely renovated two years later. (Courtesy of the Ursinus College Archives.)

202 W. Main Street
Founded in 1742, St. Luke’s congregation initially worshipped
in a log church located across the street in the present-day
cemetery. A stone building replaced it on the same site in
1835. The present church was erected in 1874 under the
leadership of Rev. John H. A. Bomberger, founder of Ursinus
College and a Reformed Church minister. Open to the public