Pennsylvania Female College Monument

Glenwood Avenue
This monument marks the site of the Pennsylvania Female
College, founded in 1851 by J. Warren Sunderland as the
Montgomery Female Seminary and chartered by the state
legislature in 1853. A four-year liberal arts college, it closed
in 1880. During its 30-year tenure, more than 1,000 young
women were educated there. The seminary building once
stood at the end of Glenwood Avenue on a bluff overlooking
the Perkiomen Creek. Open to the public