Lamb Tavern

724 W. Main Street
Located across from Augustus Lutheran Church, the Lamb Tavern was built about 1800. One of the first proprietors was Cornelius Tyson Sr. In 1836, the building was bought by schoolmaster and future U.S. congressman Jacob Fry Jr. (known as Honest Jacob) and described in the deed as a “certain Tavern stand, Sign of the Golden Lamb.” Private