Henry Prizer House

360 W. Main Street
Built in the mid-1700s and used as a tavern known as the
Duke of Cumberland, this building was acquired in 1829 by
schoolmaster Henry Prizer, remodeled, and used as a school
prior to the construction of Washington Hall about 1854 (see
550 W. Main). A detached stone bake house stands behind
the main building. Private