Henry Kratz House

378 W. Main Street. This house was built in the mid-1800s for Henry W. Kratz (1834–1917), who entered politics in 1862 and served for many years as a justice of the peace. He moved to Norristown in 1889 and five years later was elected to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. The small frame building once served as Kratz’s office. It was also used variously as a post office, the headquarters of the Perkiomen Mutual Fire Insurance Company from 1872 to 1889, and as the first borough council room after Trappe Borough was incorporated in 1896. (Courtesy of the Historical Society of Trappe, Collegeville, Perkiomen Valley.)
378 W. Main Street. This house was built in the mid-1800s for Henry W. Kratz (1834–1917), who entered politics in 1862 and served for many years as a justice of the peace. He moved to Norristown in 1889 and five years later was elected to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. The small frame building once served as Kratz’s office. It was also used variously as a post office, the headquarters of the Perkiomen Mutual Fire Insurance Company from 1872 to 1889, and as the first borough council room after Trappe Borough was incorporated in 1896. (Courtesy of the Historical Society of Trappe, Collegeville, Perkiomen Valley.)

378 W. Main Street
Built for Henry Kratz in the mid-1800s, this house is flanked
by a smaller building to the east that once served as a post
office. Private