Dewees Tavern

301 W. Main Street

Built in several sections from the mid-1700s to early 1800s, the east end of this building was the home of Andrew Miller, a joiner and bellows maker. In 1827 it was acquired by Dr. Jacob Dewees; his mother Mary Catharine Dewees ran it as a tavern and boarding house until 1855. The building also served as a polling place and stagecoach stop. It is now the headquarters of the Historical Society of Trappe, Collegeville, Perkiomen Valley, Inc. and houses a museum, research library, and changing exhibitions. Open to the public