Andrew Todd House/Isenberg Hall

801 E. Main Street
Owned by Andrew Todd, who in 1832 donated land on which
a one-room stone schoolhouse—known as Todd’s school
School—was built (not extant) in place of an earlier log
schoolhouse. From 1844 to 1874, it was the Freeland Public
School. One of the oldest houses in Collegeville, this dwelling
was later owned by Dr. James Hamer. It is now known as
Isenberg Hall, after Rev. J.M.S. Isenberg, who graduated from
Ursinus in 1893 and was vice-president of the college until
1930. A nearby carved stone mile marker notes the distance
as 24 miles to Philadelphia and 28 miles to Reading. Private